6.28.2011

Kurobuta Pork Chop, Black Beans, Cilantro Rice, Mojo De Ajo

Mojo is one of the greatest sauces ever made.  It is found in Cuba and Puerto Rico.  If you've ever been to Versailles in LA, then you know exactly what I am talking about.  Mojo de Ajo, literally means Mojo "of Garlic" and that is exactly what it is.  Mojo is a sauce made with tons and tons of garlic, steeped in olive oil, and finished with citrus like bitter orange and lime juice.  It is an awesome awesome sauce.

Anyway, I definitely wanted to have a dish on my menu that highlighted Mojo de Ajo.  I worked on a pork chop dish today.  It was not just any old pork chop but a "Kurobuta" pork chop.  Kurobuta pigs are the prized black pigs of Japan.  They are called Berkshires in English and they are one of the pigs I love deeply, the Black Pig.  Well I seared up one of these beautiful chops in my cast iron, put it on top of some of my savory black beans and cilantro rice, and I dressed it with red onions and the amazing Mojo de Ajo.

Make sure you try this when the restaurant opens!

4 comments:

  1. can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn!!!!! i want a sample when i am there next week! ill come to your kitchen we can test together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mann!! Mojo looks killa! Hyung, I'd "fan" your facebook page haha

    ReplyDelete